The DDU-GKY skilling ecosystem consists of The Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) or the National Mission Management Unit (NMMU or NU), State Missions, Project Implementing agencies or training partners and Technical Support Agencies. The MoRD provides the central government component of investment for projects. Additionally, it functions as a policy making, technical support and facilitation agency and provides monitoring and implementation support. It has adopted the vision to transform rural poor youth into an economically independent and globally relevant workforce, and has evolved the strategy for DDU-GKY in keeping with this vision.
Key features of DDU-GKY:
- As shift in emphasis – from training to career progression
- Enable poor and marginilised to access the benefit from growth.
- Ease the pain of migration when it is inevitable.
- A proactive approach to build partnerships.
- 50% funds would be earmarked for SCs and STs ,15 % to minorities and 3% for persona with abilities. One-third of the persons covered should be women.
Our Contribution towards the skilling of candidates under DDUGKY Schemes
We are running two projects under the said scheme one at Ranchi district of Jharkhand to train 1380 number of students under Garments, Electronics, and Construction sector and second at Mandidabwali, Sirsa District of Haryana to train 250 number of students under Media & Entertainment and Telecom sector.