(Directorate of Urban development (Himachal Pradesh)
GCS Group has been imparting training to candidates under National Urban Livelihoods Mission under apparel Sector with a commitment to make them trained/skilled as per the market/industry demands.
- To reduce poverty and vulnerability of the urban poor households by enabling them to access gainful self-employment and skilled wage employment opportunities, resulting in an appreciable improvement in their livelihoods on a sustainable basis, through building strong grassroots level institutions of the poor
- The mission would also address livelihood concerns by facilitating access to suitable spaces, institutional credit, social security and skills to the urban poor for accessing emerging market opportunities
- Facilitating necessary guidance, counseling and technical support for those seeking skills training, wage employment, or aiming to establish and sustain self employment ventures
- Provision of opportunities for the employment of men and women in various trades and related jobs for labor class and urban poor matching their skills after training
- Develop various livelihood opportunities for Urban Poor and Hand holding support to Urban Poor wherever required.