The National Skill Certification and Monetary Reward Scheme, known as STAR (Standard Training Assessment and Reward),was operational between August 2013 and September 2014.
The objective of this Scheme is to encourage skill development for youth by providing monetary rewards for successful completion of approved training programs. Specifically, the Scheme aims to:
- Encourage standardization in the certification process and initiate a process of creating a registry of skills; and
- Increase productivity of the existing workforce and align the training and certification to the needs of the country.
- Provide Monetary Awards for Skill Certification to boost employability and productivity of youth by incentivizing them for skill trainings
- Reward candidates undergoing skill training by authorized institutions at an average monetary reward ofRs. 10,000 (Rupees Ten Thousand) per candidate.
- Benefit 10 lakh youth at an approximate total cost of Rs. 1,000 Crores.
With affiliations from eight Sector Skill Councils (Retail, IT-ITes, Automotive, Agriculture, Banking & Finance, Media & Entertainment, Telecom, Gem &Jewellery) and the GCS computer Tech. Pvt. Ltd. has imparted training to 35000 nos. of trainees under STAR Scheme 2013-14 in the following job roles.
- Trainee Associate
- Sales Associate
- Field Sales Executive
- In-Store Promoter
- Business Correspondent & Facilitator
- Equity Dealer
- CRM Domestic- Voice
- Domestic IT Help Desk Attendant
- CRM Domestic- Non Voice
- Domestic Data Entry Operator
- Domestic Biometric Data Operator
- Warranty Processer
- Rigging Artist